what are you Baking? February 2024

I would happily partake of everything there for my next afternoon tea.

5 Likes

I have a couple of these but recently picked up another for 2.50 at the Goodwill specifically for this event!

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: What are You Baking? March 2024

I do hope you take some pictures of the event and share them here. Sounds fun!

4 Likes

Nothing like a church tea.

2 Likes

Annnnnd here’s what I heard in my head when I read the start of your sentence:

“But I would be proud to partake of your pecan pie.” Harry Burns, “When Harry Met Sally”

:laughing:

5 Likes

Oops. Had to have it. Purchased on Etsy and delivered all the way from the UK. Can be used as either 3 or 4 tiered.

15 Likes

Pretty!

4 Likes

CLEARLY you had to have it, seeing all the other blue and white in the background. :rofl:

5 Likes

I LOVE IT
Is a complete sentence

5 Likes

Ha ha. Yes, blue and white is my thing.

It was a tough call between a matching set and a mismatched set. CLEARLY I would like to have both, and I might keep an eye out for similar sized plates and try my hand at drilling. I love that these breakdown for storage, because I really don’t have room for this. :wink:

7 Likes

It could make a beautiful display “sculpture” if it can be protected from accidental breakage! I love this blue and white art and a mismatched set also sounds lovely.

I still have my blue and white Biscay stoneware from Royal Doulton acquired when I married the first time in 1977. It’s plain white with a deep blue rim, still going strong, and combines really well with a few different, more elaborate blue and white patterned salad plates that I have acquired to mismatch with it. Also I somehow acquired several different patterns of blue and white cloth napkins and tablecloths!

8 Likes

She sighs…

I love mismatched blue and white for a table setting. Yours sounds so appealing!

7 Likes

I looked it up. So pretty! It must be fabulous with mismatched patterned blue and white salad plates!

3 Likes

I have a couple of serving pieces in what was the companion “Tangier” pattern.
https://www.replacements.com/china-royal-doulton-tangier-6-souffle/p/16280091
They seem much more dated in a way but are good period pieces and we enjoy the contrast when we use them.

I much prefer the various blue and white patterned mismatched alad plates. And I do love my collection of various blue and white napkins!

I haven’t gotten bored with Biscay since 1977. And they are microwave and oven safe.

4 Likes